Blender 2.5 r25000

Blender development has surpassed 25000 commits! Mike Pan shows a nice graph of the development on his blog. I had yesterday created some builds to celebrate r25000, but I “forgot” to upload and publish them. So for those who still want r25000 win32 and win64 builds, do download here:

These are 7z self-extracting archives, built with the same settings as Blender 2.5 alpha 0.

I would also like to thank all the people who took the time to comment on the Blender 2.5 alpha 0 message. Most of the problems will be solvable, and I hope that we can get the fixes into SVN soon.

10 Responses to “Blender 2.5 r25000”

1. 4museman said:

Nov 30, 09 at 06:25

Hi JesterKing! I tried your 32bit build, but it won’t run. There are missing some libraries in the package (VCOMP90.dll library and some others). It is easy to copy them from the Alpha 0 package, but it can confuse someone. ;) Still thanks! I wasn’t able to compile r25000 with Scons. Cheers!

Nov 30, 09 at 09:57

Eeek! You’re right. I must’ve been not using my brains when I created the packages, deleting wrong files and such. Thanks for the notification

I have recreated the packages and within 20 minutes of this writing they should be completely re-uploaded.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

3. scan36 said:

i am sorry for my ignorance but i guess we all learn from asking questions but whats a SVN and how do i put a build in the blender 2.5 alpha i downloaded the file on my temp folder but nothing happen. thanks

SVN (short for Subversion) is the source code management software we use to track changes to the blender source code. Unofficial builds are often tagged with SVN to tell the user that it is work in progress.

My builds you should be able to just extract somewhere, and then run from there.

5. narayan said:

Hi!

Two distinct sizes of Blender 2.5 are being posted at Graphicall: ~16 MB and ~55 MB. The folder structure is totally different, and even the files are different. Why does this size-difference exist, and what FUNCTIONAL difference should we expect to see between these sizes?

(I am not referring to the new features available in the latest SVN revision).

Thanks in advance!

55Mb sounds awefully large. But it can happen if the builder doesn’t package properly (not verified) or if MingW is used. MingW creates larger object files and executables (esp. with debug symbols turned on).

My archives will be as big as the official releases (mainly because I use the same settings as with official releases, and I build the official releases too ;).

Could you link such a build that is so wildly different in folduer structure and size? I’d like to investigate a bit.

Thanks.

7. narayan said:

Sure!

Unfortunately I did not kkeep track of these larger versions. The next time I see it, I will post a link.

Thanks!

8. narayan said:

I found one!

Thanks! I’ve left a comment on the build page. Hopefully the builder will notice it and follow the instructions.

10. narayan said:

Thanks for the tip! (I think there is one more person who posts similar huge files at Graphicall)

[off topic]. I want to compile FontForge on Windows with all required CygWin components. I have NetBeans 6.8 beta and cygwin. Could you provide some guidance as to how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

(And if you prefer not to answer this, of course I do understand!)