Blender 2.5 r25468

Six days, 162 commits. As always, lots of fixes and new things. One of them being work on the keymap editor.

keymap editor

keymap editor

It represents the available keymaps in a hierarchy that shows in a nicer way than the old version. Just give it a good spin. As always give everything a good spin :)

You should be able to find the links to the builds on the right side of my blog →

8 Responses to “Blender 2.5 r25468”

1. Shootamax said:

Hi,

First, Thanks a lot for your work !!!!

I just notice on this release that “B” for border select doens’t work in edit mode but work in object mode. Circle select “C” works too in edit and object mode.
    I’ve tried to remap the key with no success.

I’m on windows Xp 32 bit…and sorry for my english..;)

2. Shootamax said:

Shootamax :
    Hi,
    First, Thanks a lot for your work !!!!
    I just notice on this release that “B” for border select doens’t work in edit mode but work in object mode. Circle select “C” works .
    I’ve tried to remap the key with no success.
    I’m on windows Xp 32 bit…and sorry for my english..;)

3. Shootamax said:

srry for my two posts….
    It’s working only in wireframe view and partially in solid view

4. Dwayne said:

Hey Nathan, what happened to “Turntable” orbit mode? Seems to be missing from the last couple builds I’ve tried. Hope it’s coming back. Also, I hope OpenMP will make it into the official windows builds as dev targets are met and released… will be nice. OC’d quads still aren’t fast enough on one core for some of this stuff. (vista/64)

5. Dwayne said:

nevermind. found it by looking at the screenshot above. It’s no longer in interface, but in iput.

IIRC 2.48 and 2.49(b) have been released with OpenMP support (at least 32bit). Since I’ll be doing also the next release builds, both 32bit and 64bit, you can be assured that OpenMP-support will be built in.

7. P. Monk said:

Thank you, Nathan, for all of your hard work!!

Merry Christmas,

P. Monk

8. narayan said:

Jan 02, 10 at 11:01

Hi!

An indirectly related doubt: How to change the theme of Blender 2.5?

I’d like to set very light colors, as I cannot read black text on dark gray background.

I opened the Outliner window, snd selected the “User preferences” from pull-down menu. Then went to the “3D view” node (the Themes>Default path).

I expected to find a “tool shelf” subnode there (where I can change “buttons” and “bakground” colors). But this is missing.

Where can I download themes for 2.5?
    Also how do I install it?

I have no prior experience of 2.49 version or its themes.
    (Blender newbie)