* You are viewing Posts Tagged ‘letworyinteractive’

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 9

It’s been way too long since my previous update, so here finally a new update. So, what have I been doing all this time?

Well, mostly I’ve been working on developer documentation. It’s been quite a boring task, and as some sort of poor excuse, it’s been uninviting enough to “forget” about the status reports. Anyway, I’ve been shuffling content on the wiki to some extent, creating for the development contents section a new and clearer start page that should help decide and point viewers to the correct place. Three big links which go to building blender, developing blender and … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 47

My time on the bug tracker has been pretty minimal, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been active! I’ve started tagging pages on the wiki that I’m going to work on, or am already working on with the newly created {{Warning/Working/Development}} template. With this I can communicate to people that I’m working on those pages. I try to include a smart message about why I’m working on it. In the coming time you’ll see more updates on the wiki, with a steady convergance on a better structured content and less duplication. There are some wildly old pages on the wiki, … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 45

Last week has been mostly about going over existing documentation and figuring out what to do with the organisation of the different places where we provide documentation. Currently we have a section on main www.blender.org, and a section under wiki.blender.org. This will be consolidated, having most of the content moved to the wiki, where it can be maintained better by all active developers.

For the developer documentation I’ve been writing a SVN+Git tutorial, recording a 20+ minute session explaining a simple workflow with this. More developer documentation on the codebase, development pipeline and so on will follow.

Tracker work has been on … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 44

As per recent tradition, this update is late too. There are not many interesting things to tell though. Most of the time went into handling Blender 2.55 release. Much of it behind the scenes with trying to solve issues with the 64bit Blender build for Linux, which is currently still not published. I’ll put it online the moment I get word it’s ready and tested.

Further I have been drafting locally a setup for the developer documentation, on which I’ll be working in the coming time more. Expect some publications on the wiki (in the form of updated pages and new … Continue Reading

Follow me on Twitter

If you like to keep up-to-date on micro-level, then follow my doings at http://twitter.com/nathanletwory

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 42

Last week I’ve been working on GHOST issues on Windows, fixing problems with modifier keys, some of them because I did some improper checks on what is used where. Shift+numpad keys are still a problem, but I’ll continue working on finding a solution for this.

COLLADA issues I moved to the todo list, because I need to concentrate on other issues (bugfixes, release logs, docs) too. If there are developers out there who want to contribute to our COLLADA code, I’ll be happy to coordinate their efforts, review their patches and apply them to our trunk.

Apart from bugfixing I did also … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 41

Last week has been a bit of a hassle. Tuesday and wednesday I was out of development a lot, since I did some rebuilding of my ‘wardrobe’. I use an Ikea wardrobe to house my machines, but they stood there just as machines. Airflow was less than optimal, so I had to keep one door always open. I decided to do something about it. I removed the big plank in the middle and put a Elfa organiser system in place. I removed the casings from my computers and put the componenst into the organiser system. For cooling I got 4 … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 40

Another week draws to an end. Our bug fixing efforts are still on-going. I haven’t been too active on the tracker this week though. I’ve been busy preparing the COLLADA code to build on in the coming time for the slew of bug reports that have been opened for it. Everything was in two huge files, which made it quite hard to work properly with the code. So instead of just diving straight into the bug fixing mode, I decided to refactor it into a number of files. Some nasty surprises were lying around (functors outside of structs or classes), … Continue Reading

Blender Foundation: Status Update Week 39

And another week has gone by, full of bug fixing and report tending. I closed over 30 reports of which 5 I fixed, the rest were either duplicates, todos or rejected. I fixed some unreported bugs too.

I cleaned out the trunk from the project files, and I fixed our CMake for Windows project files to properly copy the correct Python DLL and modules. For this I also committed the Python modules unpacked to our dependencies directories.

I enabled multilayer EXR files as textures.

I am slowly taking more ownership over our COLLADA code too. I fixed camera import and export and the … Continue Reading

Manipulator Rulers in Naali

I’ve finally managed to integrate the Ruler code into the editing tools. I already worked on this during the summer, but other tasks were necessary to do, too.

The rulers are far from completed, but having this functional integration ready I can start working on the really cool looking features for these rulers.

There are obviously already the manipulators, and they do help a lot in visualising what and how to edit objects. The rulers will greatly enhance that experience, giving nice anchors and  direction for the transforms.

Think of grids, pies and ladders.